Monday, June 27, 2005

Thankful for friends

I saw an old friend today at a Gas Station. He was a guy that I met my first week at Baylor and have loosely kept in touch with since graduation. This guy is amazing to me. He is someone that I really look up to. He has a life that I envy, a life that I desire. He is so devoted to Christ that he cannot help but speak truth. It’s as if Christ is running through every single thought that he has.
One thing that I love about him is his profession. It’s not just the profession itself, but how he views it. He is a Coach at a Junior High School. He could be at the High School making more money and having a better career. But he’s at the Junior High School because that’s where he thinks he can have the most influence for Christ.
I would love to live in such a way that I didn’t let my ambitions and pride get the best of me. I long to have a life that takes every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. I am thankful for real life examples like my friend who draws me into a deeper union with Christ.

No comments: