Friday, May 18, 2007

Psalm 8

If you are looking for a clip to get your people in a worship frame of mind you ought to check out Psalm 8. I used this recently in both a small group and large group setting.

Small group :: I wanted to get our people to engage in a deeper level of prayer. Our group often focuses on periphery items like Uncle Joes Toe and Aunt Jane’s pain, instead of getting real. I want our people to expect great things from God. So – I talked for a minute or two about that type of praying and then I played this clip. Since its Psalm 8 it was a perfect set up because our people were seeing how Big and Huge our God is and it allowed them to get real with a God like that.

Large group :: I needed to get a bunch of people who didn’t know each other to get comfortable worshipping together. We had the band play one song and then we showed this clip. It took the focus off of ourselves and put it where it should be – on Almighty God!

No comments: