Thursday, August 09, 2007

More Adventures

So... the day after my 1 am adventure at the wrong house I had another bonehead moment. My friend, who I was staying with, Josh Wimberley, was experiencing some discomfort due to a migraine headache. I had also experienced a similar discomfort earlier in the day and decided I should purchase some sort of medication to alleviate my pain. Since I was in an unfamiliar area, downtown Atlanta, I simply stopped at the first grocery store that I could find which happened to be a Whole Foods. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that Whole Foods does not carry any real drugs. They only had herbal remedies - so I bought the bottle you see in the pic, aptly titled "Migraine Headache Relief." Naturally, when my gracious host told me of his migraine headache, I was ready to come to his rescue. I told him of my recent purchase and asked him if he would like to partake of my newfound medication. Josh seemed a little hesitant, apparently he had some real migraine medication that he could take so he asked me, “do you think I can take both?"

I told him I had popped 7 or 8 of them in the last few hours and that they were harmless because they were herbal. Besides - they kind of tasted good - "go for it."

Ten minutes later we were enjoying a nice bar-b-que dinner with his whole family when Josh proclaimed that his migraine was feeling much better. He publicly thanked me for the medication. It was a nice gesture, I felt really swell inside. Then his wife’s face turned white. A very pale white. Very much like Snow White… She asked Josh, "what medication?"

Josh explained that he had taken his prescription along with the stuff that “he” gave me (as he pointed across the table in my direction). All eyes were now aimed at at me. I was then instructed to produce the said medication and promptly hurried upstairs to retrieve the little pills. Upon further review, I learned that Josh's wife is a Pharmacist, which does beg the obvious question that know one dared to ask... why didn't josh ask Stephanie first? Nevertheless… Stephanie did not look happy as she perused the ingredients list on my tiny white bottle. Dinner was now over. All of a sudden, Josh became queasy and Stephanie announced that my harmless herbal medication was actually some sort of like heart stopper something thingy. I don’t really know – I couldn’t understand between Josh’s loud moans. Evidently, what I gave him doesn’t mix well with what he was already taken and next thing I knew Stephanie was on the phone with Poison Control and Josh was laid out in his bed. The bonehead strikes again!


I actually had to leave for the wedding while they were on the phone and have not spoken to Josh since. His sister, Jordan, has told me he is still alive though. And if you like reading about boneheads, perhaps you will enjoy the following entry about Josh on his aforementioned sisters own blog… Definitely worth the read!


the image above is of the actual bottle used to apparently poison Josh Wimberley.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that the See You At The Printer blog announcement is up...check it out, spread the word!
ZS