Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rescue

So I took my own advice and read some Job. Wow...

Job 38:2-3
"Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you and you shall answer me."

Yikes.

Job 38:4-5
"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off it's dimensions? Surely you know!"

Uhh...

Job 38:22a
"Have you entered the storehouses of the snow..."

Well, uh - no...

Job 38:28
"Does the rain have a father?"

Not sure...

Job 38:35
"Do you send the lightening bolts on their way? Do they report to you 'Here we are'"?

And it keeps on going. So I have decided that I want in on God's wisdom and not the wisdom of the world. I have a song on my heart today that we often sing at church. I can't get it out of my head - it's called Capture.

I need You Jesus
Come to my rescue

Where else could I go?

There’s no other name by which I am saved

Oh capture me with grace

I will follow You

This world has nothing for me

This world has nothing for me
This world has nothing for me
(I will follow You)
This world has nothing for me

That about sums it up!

1 comment:

Lyndi Mac said...

Excellent Scripture to ponder

Now you've got me singing capture

You and the girls are sleeping downstairs. That's a Thanksgiving for this mom. When you wake we'll have ziploc omelets.