Friday, April 24, 2009

Coming Out of the Closet

It has been a long time since I have blogged because I have been going through a traumatic experience. This has really been a life long issue for me, but I have been trying to ignore it for the last few years. But the tension in my soul over the last few months has been unbearable. This will come as a shock to many, but to those who know me best I suppose you have always known. And I feel like this is the time for me to let the whole world know, because of the urgency of the matter...

I am a Detroit Lions fan

Billy Simms... Anthony Carter... Rodney Peete... Barry Sanders - these were my heroes growing up. I love the Lions! I even like the stupid teeth they just added to the logo. But it is time for me to speak my mind because tomorrow my beloved Lions may draft Matthew Stafford with the number one pick of the draft. Now Mr Stafford is indeed a fine young man, but it is my belief that drafting him will set the Lions organization back another 5 years... and put me back in the closet! So I'm hoping my drastic announcement will catch the attention of the Lions front office and cause them to do the right thing... draft the Baylor Bear!

1 comment:

Lyndi Mac said...

OK, you know I have heart problems - well maybe you don't know but now I do and I held my breath - my baby is suffering - you LION - don't do that again.
Geez!
I'm glad you are OK.
Love you
of course being a LION fan is normal at our house.
Oh man - I'm still shaking.