Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Wife is Amazing

It's Robin's Birthday today! As a way to describe who Robin is and what she means to me, I thought I would post this poem I wrote about her. Please know that anything good from this poem is because of the person it is about and anything bad is because of the amateur who wrote it...



Beautiful One

When you enter a room my soul leaps for joy
I am still amazed that you have chosen me

I love everything about you:
Your smile, your eyes, your beauty, your grace, your dignity, your work ethic, your friendship, and your love for the glory of God
You are the definition of a lady in every sense

It’s amazing how many people look up to you and covet your wisdom
So many women at our Church pattern their decisions after yours
You are a spiritual leader and the definition of a friend

I am so thankful that we have daughters because I want them to be just like you
You keep a beautiful home - you always know just what to do
My greatest moments are the ones when you are happy and full of joy because you light me up

My respect for you is greater than the depths of the ocean
My love for you is higher than the sky

Your love for me is impossible to describe
You give of yourself in every way, never seeking your own

I love you not only for what you are
But for what I am when I am with you

No comments: