Friday, October 19, 2007

4-3-2-1

I wasn't happy last Saturday when Kentucky beat LSU in triple OT, but I wasn't devastated either. It took me about 10 minutes and then I remembered that it was just a game. I took a deep breath and carried on with my life. Until Sunday afternoon when the BCS rankings came out and LSU was ranked #4! Are you kidding me - we're back baby! Now I am just as crazed as I was before - it's more than a game again - it's everything...

I boldly predicted earlier this week that the top three teams would all lose this weekend and by the time we kick off in Death Valley tomorrow night @ 8 pm, LSU will be playing themselves back into the top national ranking. I am thankful to report that Rutgers took care of their end of the bargain once again creating Pandemonium in Piscataway by toppling the #23 South Florida Bulls. Now we just need the Hokies to hold serve at home against BC and the Spartans to pull off the upset of Ohio State. Then... Tiger Stadium will be rocking once again. And let me tell you - no stadium rocks quite like Tiger Stadium...

I was there two weeks ago when LSU knocked off the defending National Champion Florida Gators registering a mind numbing 129.8 decibels at one point. It was the largest crowd Tiger Stadium has ever seen with more than 92,900 and an estimate 50,000 plus outside the stadium taking it all in. As long as my plan of the Top 3 losing comes to fruition, it should be even louder tomorrow night since we are playing Auburn. There is some serious history in this rivalry, but no game more fun to reminisce over than October 8, 1998 - The Earthquake Game. LSU was down 6-0 late in the 4th quarter and completed a 4th down TD pass launching a celebration that literally registered on the Richter Scale! I'm telling you - Death Valley is crazy at night.

Robin, Macy, Mallory & myself are driving to BR tonight. I have been trying to prepare my daughters for the craziness for the last two weeks. Since it has been scientifically documented that my daughters talk more than any other two human beings in the world, I have a feeling they are going to love it there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked that you've not mentioned what a challenge it will be at this point, for any team to overcome that amazingly gifted crew in Norman... Boomer Sooner!I'm trackin' with you though, once OU bounced back from that FLUKE in Boulder and spanked Texas... OKLAHOMA football once again became "everything." Go Sooners Go!

Marc Mac said...

Family & Friends -

I feel like I have been exposed and I need to come clean. Lonnie is actually a friend of mine. Yes - I have a friend that is an Oklahoma fan. I am sorry. I covet your prayers. Please don't be ashamed of me.

Life of Praise said...

Reading your blog is like walking into a maze of thoughts, passions, and feelings that make me wish I lived close enough to sit and just listen to you talk at least once a week. But then again, when I did, there was never enough time for either of us to just sit anywhere - it seems.

You didn't mention when you were returning from your trip, but I'd enjoy hooking up by phone whenever you have some time.

The Real Deal said...

Hey I'm a big LSU fan and recently told some people that the LSU game was 129.8 decibels against Florida. No one believes me so I gotta wonder where you got "129.8" on your one post.

Marc Mac said...

It's all right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsu_football