Saturday, October 27, 2007

One Second to go...


Wow! What can I say? I have been to some amazing games this year and I was really excited to bring Robin, Macy & Mallory to a game ... I definitely picked the right one! We arrived in Baton Rouge on Friday night and got up fairly early Saturday morning to spend time with TC. He took us to see Mike the Tiger and we walked all around campus and hit some tailgating for free food - always a good idea. Then we got to hang out with TC at his apartment all day because kick off wasn't until after 8 pm.

Coming off of a loss, the LSU fans were not quite as crazy as normal, which is a good thing because I don't think my daughters could have handled the Florida game. But even a tame LSU bunch is much more intensity that they have ever seen. Macy & Mallory absolutely loved the atmosphere. I had taught them all of the cheers and songs and they were all up and in it. The great thing about an LSU game is that there is always something going on. When the play is over, the fans immediately start another cheer or song and dance and the girls ate it up.

As the game progressed it really looked like we were going to lose, so I was trying to prepare myself to not get upset and remember that we were here to soak it all in and spend time with TC. Then, in typical Louisiana Saturday night fashion, the Tigers put together a game winning drive culminating with a 25 yard pitch and catch (diving catch that is) with only one second left on the clock to give us the victory. Ok - at that moment - the place went bonkers. And we all joined in, jumping up and down and screaming like crazy people.

Macy told me that the game was amazing and so much fun, but that the best part was seeing TC!

1 comment:

Lyndi Mac said...

What fun!!! Thanks for taking me along. You did such a fabulous job writing the story - it made me feel as if I were there with you. That was a great day.

Love you
Mom