Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prince Caspian

I went to an advance screening of Prince Caspian last night. I told my kids that I had to go and check it out to make sure the film was suitable for them. Truth is, I wanted to go. I am a huge fan of The Chronicles of Narnia and as I was watching last night it occurred to me that watching these movies from a kids perspective is the way to go. I let myself get lost in the magical world of Narnia for those 140 minutes and it was a great ride. The thought and creativity behind the story is enchanting and the cinematography and CG work is just spectacular.

Sure, as an adult - there are some serious flaws in the movie. But as a kid, it was amazing! The story is loaded with symbolism and Biblical messaging. I don't want to ruin the plot for any of you who never read the books, so I won't go into any specifics. But there is a scene near the end that speaks to our reluctance as followers of Christ to put our faith in action even when we know we clearly heard God's voice. And in those times, we often listen to all of the other voices of "conventional wisdom" even though we just heard the voice of Almighty God. My prayer is that we would become a generation that is willing to follow God no matter what he asks. Please pray for me that God would develop in me an Abraham type of faith!

No comments: