Friday, May 15, 2009

Fast of Self

A friend of mine told me about a fast that he was doing with a bunch of people. He said that when you think about it we all give ourselves to one of three things each day: Ourselves, Others or God. So he decided to go on a 21 day fast of himself! He said for 21 days he is going to make decisions based on what God wants and what others need.

I met him for lunch on day 4 and he was totally psyched up about it, plus - he bought my lunch! So the moral of the story is... find people who are fasting from themselves and go to lunch with them. Kidding. The truth is that I am challenged by this big time. I know that fasting of myself would be great for me and everyone around me.

I'm praying for the courage to start this fast.

2 comments:

Lyndi Mac said...

This is very cool. I'm going to do this too.
Love you
Hug you all soon

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a Jim Carey movie.