Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Do You Expect?

Is it beginning to look a lot like Christmas where you live? It’s not really looking like Christmas here in Dallas as much as it’s starting to feel like Christmas! A cold front came in yesterday sometime between arriving to the office and leaving the office and I have officially brought the winter clothes down from the attic. And I love it! Growing up in Michigan & Colorado, I can appreciate some cold air.

I absolutely love Christmas time! I love the lights, the food, the music, the time with family, but most of all I love the opportunity to share the love of Christ. On Saturday I read Luke 1 & 2 (from The VOICE) to my daughters and they were hanging on every word. We discussed how Israel had waited 400 years to hear from God and they were on the lookout for a conquering King, but God sent them a baby! We prayed together about how to show the love of Christ to others in an unexpected way. And the great thing about kids is that they don’t forget. So the last few days we have been finding unexpected ways to shares Christ’s love!

As I think about God’s love and His plans it is so obvious that (as the scripture tells us) His ways are not our ways! I encourage you to ask God to find unexpected ways to share His love. I bet you won’t expect what He shows you! And I bet that you will be as blessed as anyone by it.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Lyndi Mac said...

Yeah! Welcome home Slugger.
I bet your home is filled with Christmas love - I can see it from this mountain top.
Love you all